The new Articles of Association do more than bring us into compliancy with the Government’s new Governance Sport Code. They will offer a wealth of benefits to different groups across the whole sport. Here’s how the changes will positively affect clubs:
- Ability to support, develop, engage and expand ice rinks throughout the UK
- Higher profile of the sport locally, nationally and internationally
- Ability to increase participation in the sport, particularly amongst young people
- Ability to deliver against Sport England agenda, particularly increasing participation amongst females in their teenage years, families and those from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Support to help you better engage with your ice rink and local network i.e. Local Authorities, colleges and Universities, thereby increasing your ability to access local funding and new customers and create a higher profile.