T218 • OVERVIEW
The Opus T218 is a 2000W, dual 458mm (18”) active
reflex loaded sub bass speaker. Their special design
results in a highly efficient 140dB peak SPL and very
high definition at low frequencies.
Very high forward gain and reverse attenuation ensures that very little sound escapes from the rear
of the cabinet, allowing extreme bass impact whilst avoiding outside environmental noise problems.
In touring systems there is little or no FOH sound at the monitor position.
The T218 is an ideal compliment for Opus 9 Series main cabinets.
T218 • FEATURES
- High efficiency sub bass
- Extraordinary fidelity of audio
- Even frequency response with very smooth off-axis response
- Exceptional phase coherence delivering accurate representation of source material
- Full range, high power format cabinet
- Theatres, concert halls, clubs, houses of worship
- Music reinforcement systems
- Touring and installed audio systems
The 458mm (18”) LF drivers have a 100mm (4”) inside/outside voice coil, an inverted dome with a triple-roll Nomex surround, a demodulation ring for low distortion and an exponential cone. The 1.4T Neo-magnet has a ventilated coil/magnet assembly.
T218 • SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
XS134 or XS234 crossover (use either 80Hz or 125Hz crossover filters depending on system configuration.
HD2500/2500 amplifier; two T218 cabinets can be driven from one channel of amplifier.